The San Diego DSLR Photography Group's monthly Group Shoot for May was held at the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, May 8th. I think many of us spent more time socializing than we did shooting, but that's probably the best part about the group. A few of us spent the whole morning just walking, talking, and occasionally taking a picture of something, including this one of some of us, that I shot "from the hip" (more or less).
It was one of the few days in the year when the Orchid House is open to the public.
We did manage to get a few animal pictures as well. The meerkats are some of my favorites, and we spent a fair amount of time watching them.
Rae checked out the new interactive part of the Polar Bear exhibit.
Click here for more images from my morning at the Zoo on Saturday, May 8, 2010.
Click here for the San Diego DSLR Photo Group to see what the others in group have posted.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (64)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Sea Horses and Jellyfish - Scripps Birch Aquaium
- Ethnic Food Fair at the International Cottages - B...
- An Evening in Pacific Beach
- More Night Photography - Santa Fe Station, San Die...
- San Diego Maritime Museum - Sunday, May 23, 2010
- Sicilian Festival - Little Italy, San Diego - Sund...
- Night Photos in San Diego - this time from Coronad...
- Syttende Mai (17th May) - Norwegian Constitution D...
- Night Shooting in Balboa Park - May 12, 2010
- Sunday Drive - San Diego Backcountry - May 9, 2010...
- San Diego Zoo - SD-DSLR May Group Shoot
- From Poles to Trolls - And Some Other Things As We...
- Little Italy & Balboa Park - Sightseeing Around Sa...
- ▼ May (13)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.