A few of us from SCCX, the So Cal Club Xterra, got together today to explore the area of Anza Borrego Desert State Park around Buttes Pass and Borrego Mountain Wash. We also went up Blow Sand Canyon and traveled part of the way on the Goat Trail. It was warm, but the wind really picked up mid-day, and by late afternoon it was howling.
These beehive-looking formations are in Borrego Mountain Wash.
We did a hike through The Slot, a rather narrow sandstone canyon.
I'm really surprised that this leaning mass of fractured sandstone is still up there after last series of large earthquakes that started last Easter - but it is still there. Knowing how often there are quakes out there makes it strange to walk under this thing.
There are very few wildflowers out there right now, hopefully more will bloom in the next few weeks. The wind made it tough to get a decent shot.
Click here for a few more images from today.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (77)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- A Few Images From Sunday in San Diego
- Ring-Tailed Lemurs and Black-Crowned Night Herons
- Experimenting With a New Lens - Late Afternoon Lig...
- Full Moon Over San Diego
- San Diego Skyline from Harbor Island
- Anza Borrego - Fish Creek, Wind Caves and Sandston...
- St. Patrick's Day Parade 2011 - San Diego
- Anza Borrego - Buttes Pass and Borrego Mountain Wa...
- A few shots from the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Photos
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.