Photography . . . Travel . . .

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Experimenting With a New Lens - Late Afternoon Light in Balboa Park

I had about an hour and a half to wander around before we met for the full Moon photos on Saturday night, and I had a new lens to play with. Balboa Park seemed like the perfect spot. It was sort of gray and hazy when I first got there, but then the clouds opened up some and the sun came out, very low in the sky. Here are few shots from my new Nikon 80-200/2.8 lens.






This next one was shot almost straight into the setting sun, mostly just so that I could see how the lens handled that. I wasn't expecting much, but seeing the picture now I think that it conveys a pretty good feeling of what it is like in Balboa Park in the late afternoon as the sun is going down. 




The saxaphone guy was out, he does a very nice job of providing some great background music for an evening walk in the Park.






The music certainly seemed to be working for this guy.






Click here for a few more images from Saturday afternoon in Balboa Park.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.