On Saturday I joined the local photo club for our monthly group get together, this time it was the 31st annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in San Diego. They say it is the largest parade in the US west of the Mississippi.
The firefighters lead off.
After the firefighters came the Marines.
I shot almost the entire parade with a fairly long lens (300mm) so many of my images are close-ups of the people. The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick were out in force. I had no idea there were so many of them. I wanted to ask if there was also a group called the Unfriendly Sons of St. Patrick, but everyone seemed to be having such a good time I didn't want to bring up a potentially sore subject.
Lots of Irish dancers.
Lots of Irish Setters.
And a whole lot of interesting characters, although I'm not quite sure what some of them had to do with St. Patrick or Irish culture. But, it's a parade, everyone was having fun, and that's all that mattered.
One of the two Irishwomen of the Year, she sure was having a good time.
In fact, everyone was having a great time. The weather was perfect, you couldn't ask for a better day in San Diego.
Click here to see more images from Saturday, March 12, 2011, at the San Diego St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- A Few Images From Sunday in San Diego
- Ring-Tailed Lemurs and Black-Crowned Night Herons
- Experimenting With a New Lens - Late Afternoon Lig...
- Full Moon Over San Diego
- San Diego Skyline from Harbor Island
- Anza Borrego - Fish Creek, Wind Caves and Sandston...
- St. Patrick's Day Parade 2011 - San Diego
- Anza Borrego - Buttes Pass and Borrego Mountain Wa...
- A few shots from the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Photos
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.