Here are a few more images from the morning of Saturday, September 3rd, at the San Diego Zoo.
These crested screamers hang out with the flamingos.
There was only this one mandrill out when I walked past on my down to the Tiger Trail.
There was not much going on at the tigers, so after a while I moved on down the trail to the hippos - where there was even less going on. Little Adhama and his mother Funani were napping right up against the glass. This is actually a really tough spot to get a decent photo because of all the reflections on the glass. Between having way too long of a lens on the camera, and all of the people, this was about the best I could do.
The Allen's Swamp Monkeys have been great lately. They have some wonderful facial expressions. I have no idea what they might mean - but the last time I saw that look on a person it was not a good thing.
I spent some time at the California Mountain Lion cage. They were fun to watch, but it's kind of sad to see them in such a small box. I guess I could just take a walk around some of the neighborhoods near me that are closer to the foothills, there are several of these wandering around locally. There are two mountain lions in the exhibit. This one was hanging out in the cave while while the other was being hand fed some raw meat by the keeper (see the previous post). Eventually this one got up, did a big stretch, then wandered back and forth around the exhibit for a while. She really is a beautiful cat.
It was really crowded over at the orangutans, but I did manage to get a couple of shots though the not-very-clean glass.
Click here to see a few more images from the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, September 3, 2011.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Big Cats and Little Cats - Malayan Tigers and Fish...
- Saturday Morning Walk - San Diego Zoo
- Well, Now We Know What's Eating Our Herb Garden
- San Diego Zoo Safari (Wild Animal) Park
- Tigers and Otters (and a Slender-Snouted Crocodile...
- A Cat Naps In The Sun
- An Evening in Balboa Park - SD-dSLR September Mont...
- San Diego Zoo - Saturday, Sept 3, 2011
- Snack Time
- ▼ September (9)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.