This little plane can really move. It may be a bi-plane, but it's made from very modern materials including kevlar and titanium. I don't know just how fast he's flying during most of the show, but for the pass through the 2 poles to slice up the ribbons which are 25 feet off the ground, he's moving at 220 mph.
You can see the bits of ribbon still in the air after he's sliced through them with his wings.
Click here to see more images of Sean Tucker flying the Oracle Challenger III at the MCAS Miramar Air Show 2011.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Scripps - Stephen Birch Aquarium - San Diego
- Another Great Saturday at the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Walk Around Little Italy San Diego
- San Diego Zoo - Saturday, Oct 22, 2011
- Some San Diego Zoo Images From This Weekend
- Sunday Morning Walk Around The San Diego Zoo
- A Little Road Trip Across The Desert
- A Few Tiger Pictures From Saturday
- Fishing Cats - San Diego Zoo
- Miramar Air Show 2011
- Miramar Air Show 2011 - The Blue Angels
- Miramar Air Show 2011 - Sean Tucker's "Oracle Chal...
- Miramar Air Show 2011 - Marine Air-Ground Task For...
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.