I'm not sure if those are technically teeth, but they sure do look sharp.
In case anyone doesn't recognize what that is in the close-up above, here's a wider view. Actually, the color in the background might have given it away. This is how flamingos feed their young, the mother drips something called "crop milk" into the young one's mouth from from its beak. It doesn't look like milk at all, it's a dark reddish color. They can hold this position for quite a long time.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Exploring San Diego - Wedding Kimonos at the Japan...
- Exploring San Diego - Marston House Museum & Garde...
- What A Difference A Little Over 2 Years Can Make
- Big Cats (and a Red Panda) - San Diego Zoo
- Tiga the Tiger - Saturday, Sep 7, 2013
- Holiday Weekend at the San Diego Zoo - Part 2
- Holiday Weekend at the San Diego Zoo - Part 1
- Feeding Time
- An Evening Stroll Around Little Italy, San Diego
- An Evening View of Downtown San Diego from Coronad...
- Weekend in Seattle - Aug 24-26, 2013
- A Portrait Session With Connor (the Tiger)
- A Weekend in Seattle - Japanese Gardens
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.