On July 2, 2011 I had the opportunity to see the then-3-month-old Malayan Tiger cubs at the San Diego Zoo, a few weeks before they went out on public display. I posted a few pictures from that day in a blog post back in 2011, but I thought a comparison might be fun to show just how much they can grow up in what seems to us to be a short period of time.
Here's Connor when he was just 3 months old (he was born April 2, 2011). I guess I didn't really notice it at the time, but he was looking right at me.
Fast forward a couple of years, to August 18, 2013, and I think I'm starting to see a pattern here. He's still looking right at me.
There are lots more pictures of Connor, his brother Christopher, and all the rest of the Malayan Tigers at the San Diego Zoo in other posts on this blog. Check out the Archive at the bottom of the page.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Exploring San Diego - Wedding Kimonos at the Japan...
- Exploring San Diego - Marston House Museum & Garde...
- What A Difference A Little Over 2 Years Can Make
- Big Cats (and a Red Panda) - San Diego Zoo
- Tiga the Tiger - Saturday, Sep 7, 2013
- Holiday Weekend at the San Diego Zoo - Part 2
- Holiday Weekend at the San Diego Zoo - Part 1
- Feeding Time
- An Evening Stroll Around Little Italy, San Diego
- An Evening View of Downtown San Diego from Coronad...
- Weekend in Seattle - Aug 24-26, 2013
- A Portrait Session With Connor (the Tiger)
- A Weekend in Seattle - Japanese Gardens
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.