I spent both Saturday and Monday of the recent Labor Day weekend at the San Diego Zoo, most of the time with the big cats.
When we first got there on Saturday morning the tiger was napping, so we headed over to see what the other big cats were up to. The Amur Leopards were up and about.
So were the Snow Leopards.
Orson the big Jaguar was finally in a good spot for a photo.
It was going to be a warm day, and by 10:30am they already had the misters going for the Siberian Lynx.
I was showing some new friends around the Zoo on Saturday morning, and we were able to spend a few minutes "behind the scenes" so to speak with Connor, the Malayan Tiger. I didn't have a chance to pull out a smaller camera, so I had to step back to about 9 feet for my 300mm lens to focus. This was as much of his face as I could get.
Later that afternoon Connor decided to go for a swim. Usually I don't get shots like this, my fixed-length 300mm lens is too long, but this time I had loaned it to one of my new friends, and was using her shorter zoom lens instead.
Click here to see a few more images from Saturday, August 31, 2013 at the San Diego Zoo.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Exploring San Diego - Wedding Kimonos at the Japan...
- Exploring San Diego - Marston House Museum & Garde...
- What A Difference A Little Over 2 Years Can Make
- Big Cats (and a Red Panda) - San Diego Zoo
- Tiga the Tiger - Saturday, Sep 7, 2013
- Holiday Weekend at the San Diego Zoo - Part 2
- Holiday Weekend at the San Diego Zoo - Part 1
- Feeding Time
- An Evening Stroll Around Little Italy, San Diego
- An Evening View of Downtown San Diego from Coronad...
- Weekend in Seattle - Aug 24-26, 2013
- A Portrait Session With Connor (the Tiger)
- A Weekend in Seattle - Japanese Gardens
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.