Photography . . . Travel . . .

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Few Days In Vancouver, BC Canada

We spent a few days last month visiting one of our favorite cities, Vancouver, BC. It's been over 10 years since we were last there, and the city sure has grown. That said, many of our favorite places were exactly as we remembered, and we explored some new places as well. The weather was cool, mid-40's during the day, but no rain, and we spent much of our time out wandering around. Or eating.


Many of the buildings in the shot above were not there the last time we visited. We stayed at the Blue Horizon Hotel on Robson Street, which was there the last time we were in town, and the time before that as well. Heather and I took our first trip together almost exactly 20 years ago, in December of 1993, to Vancouver, BC. We stayed at the Blue Horizon on that trip, and again in 2002. It's a great place, one of our favorites, even if it does look like they still have the same carpet and furnishings as when we first saw it.

The lion statues at the back of the Vancouver Art Museum are cool. This was originally a federal government building.



We had dinner one night at Zefferelli's, just as we did 20 years ago. It too was just as good. 


We were thirsty after all the walking we did. Luckily they had lots of water available.


We also ate at Joe Forte's. It too was good, just as it was the first time I went there in the late 1980's.



We spent some time walking along the Stanley Park Seawall in the late afternoon.





We went to the Vancouver Aquarium, which is always fun. I didn't get many good shots of the fish, but I did get one that I liked of the penguins, and some of the jellyfish.



Here's something you won't find in San Diego - a vending machine selling umbrellas.


We also spent some time at the University of British Columbia's Museum of Anthropology and at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. I'll put up separate posts for each of those.

Click here to see more images from our short trip to Vancouver, BC Canada November 24-27, 2013.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.