I spent a few hours on Christmas morning with the Malayan Tiger and the Fishing Cat at the San Diego Zoo. I've been going to the Zoo on Christmas morning for years, and really enjoy it. For some reason I seem to meet more interesting people that one day than almost any other, and this year was no exception.
Most of my time was spent watching Connor, the Malayan Tiger, and at the same time visiting with some friends who also photograph there on a regular basis.
After a few hours with Connor my friends and I decided to take a short lunch break. On our way up the hill we spotted the female Fishing Cat sitting on top of a log in the bright sunlight. Lunch would have to wait a bit.
I guess this is a comfortable way to stretch out in the sun?
Click here to see a few more images from the San Diego Zoo on Christmas morning.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Christmas Morning at the San Diego Zoo - Tiger and...
- Christmas Day Sunset at La Jolla (San Diego), Cali...
- A Holiday Decorating Tip
- The Arctic Club Hotel - Seattle, WA
- A Walk In The Woods - Moran State Park, Orcas Isla...
- Orcas Island, Washington
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park - Vancouver, BC
- UBC Museum of Anthropology - Vancouver, BC Canada
- A Few Days In Vancouver, BC Canada
- San Diego Zoo - Sunday, Dec 15, 2013
- Recent Tiger Pictures - San Diego Zoo
- Some San Diego Zoo Pictures Without Tigers
- Fishing Cat
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.