The San Diego Zoo has two new Malayan Tigers, brothers Berani and Cinta. They were born in December of 2013 at the Fresno Zoo, and have now moved to San Diego. Berani and Cinta are the younger brothers of Connor, whose picture you won't have to go very far around here to find. They're still young, and at this point, just a little over 200 pounds. Their paws are pretty big though, and it should be fun to watch them grow into them.
You can tell them apart by the patterns of the black fur over the right eye. This is Cinta.
Here's his brother Berani.
They seem to alternate their days either sprawled out napping in the sun, or up and about checking out the area. Not much different than my cats at home.
I finally got to see some more of the new baby Hippo in the water. A female named Devi, she was born in March of this year.
Here are a few of the new male Jaguar cub. He's usually out with his mother in the mornings and early afternoon. Get there before 2:30 if you want to see him.
Click here to see a few more images of the Malayan Tigers, Hippos and Jaguars from the San Diego Zoo on May 25 and 30, 2015.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- Malayan Tigers at the San Diego Zoo
- We Really Wanted To Go To Sweden This Summer, But ...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 7 - Exploring Downtow...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 6 - Maritime Museum o...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 5 - Art Gallery of No...
- A Week In Nova Scotia - Part 4 - Hall's Harbor and...
- A Week In Nova Scotia - Part 3 - The South Coast &...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 2 - The Halifax Citad...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 1 - Introduction
- New at the Zoo
- Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site - L...
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.