We took a very short trip up to Laramie, Wyoming recently to visit some family. While there we toured the Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site.
The stone structure was built in 1872, and restored in 1990. This prison is one of only three federally constructed territorial penitentiaries that still exist in the western United States, and the only one in which most of the original structure is preserved. This is one of the oldest buildings still standing in the State of Wyoming.
The Processing Room.
The South Cellblock, constructed in 1889, contained 42 5' x 5' x 8' cells.
Click here to see a few more images from the Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site, including restorations and reconstructions of some of the surrounding buildings.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- Malayan Tigers at the San Diego Zoo
- We Really Wanted To Go To Sweden This Summer, But ...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 7 - Exploring Downtow...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 6 - Maritime Museum o...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 5 - Art Gallery of No...
- A Week In Nova Scotia - Part 4 - Hall's Harbor and...
- A Week In Nova Scotia - Part 3 - The South Coast &...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 2 - The Halifax Citad...
- A Week in Nova Scotia - Part 1 - Introduction
- New at the Zoo
- Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site - L...
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.