I lead a trip to Anza Borrego Desert State Park with SCCX (the So Cal Xterra club) on Saturday, April 30. We wandered around the Buttes Pass area, then traveled up Borrego Mountain Wash as far as you can drive (it gets too narrow) then went on foot through The Slot. After that we drove up the very sandy Blow Sand Canyon and up and over the aptly named Goat Trail. Later we explored up Harper Canyon. I'm just going to put up one photo from the trip, and a link below to the rest of them.
This is Acuma, a Boston Terrier. He belongs to a club member named Brian, and has been on 3 trips with us to Anza Borrego. He's a very good natured dog, and likes to explore, but he wasn't about to try to climb up this one really steep narrow spot in The Slot, so he got to take easy way.
Click here for more pictures from Anza Borrego on Saturday.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Wandering Around Balboa Park
- Ethnic Food Fair - Balboa Park San Diego - May 29,...
- A Few From The Zoo - San Diego Zoo, Saturday May 2...
- Some New Edits From The Bernardo Winery Group Shoo...
- Wandering in the Desert - Anza Borrego - Sunday Ma...
- One Little Seahorse
- Bernardo Winery - SD-DSLR Monthly Group Shoot - Ma...
- Balboa Park Evening - Friday May 6th
- Lions and Tigers and Bears . . . Oh My!
- The Lily Pond at the San Diego Botanic Garden
- Backyard Birds
- Anza Borrego - Hiking in The Slot - April 30, 2011...
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.