The House of Pacific Relations, otherwise known as the International Houses or Cottages in Balboa Park, is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. For over 30 years now they've been holding an Ethnic Food Fair, with booths from each of the member countries serving food from their home countries. Heather and I try to attend this every year, it's generally on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. Lots of tasty food, and good music and folk dancing as well. It's actually pretty tough to get decent photos at this event, so this year I'm only going to post one, and a link to the rest.
Somewhere in between the Irish shepherd's pie, the Argentine choripan sausage sandwich, the Norwegian waffles (and really good coffee), the Finnish cinnamon roll, the Swedish marzipan thing (Heather's description - I must have missed that one), the German struedel, and the Turkish baklava, we managed to squeeze in a bowl of Puerto Rican rice and pinto beans. It was all good.
Click here to see more images from the Ethnic Food Fair in Balboa Park today.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (64)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Wandering Around Balboa Park
- Ethnic Food Fair - Balboa Park San Diego - May 29,...
- A Few From The Zoo - San Diego Zoo, Saturday May 2...
- Some New Edits From The Bernardo Winery Group Shoo...
- Wandering in the Desert - Anza Borrego - Sunday Ma...
- One Little Seahorse
- Bernardo Winery - SD-DSLR Monthly Group Shoot - Ma...
- Balboa Park Evening - Friday May 6th
- Lions and Tigers and Bears . . . Oh My!
- The Lily Pond at the San Diego Botanic Garden
- Backyard Birds
- Anza Borrego - Hiking in The Slot - April 30, 2011...
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.