Here are a few images from some recent trips to both the San Diego Zoo (5/8) and the Zoo's Safari Park (5/4). We saw a lion up close.
The tiger had a very large fresh bone to chew on.
The grizzly bears were wrestling.
We waited a bit, and eventually Nindiri the jaguar finished her nap and went for a prowl.
I doubt that these next guys would have been too happy to see the lions or the tigers. Even I seemed suspicious to them.
We stopped in to see the hummingbirds.
The images above were all from the Zoo on 5/8. Earlier in the week I spent the afternoon at the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park (formerly known as the Wild Animal Park) in Escondido. It was getting towards the end of the Butterfly Jungle special exhibit.
And now something a little bigger.
Click here to see more images from the San Diego Zoo on Sunday, May 8, 2011.
Click here to see more images from the Safari Park on Wednesday, May 4, 2011.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Wandering Around Balboa Park
- Ethnic Food Fair - Balboa Park San Diego - May 29,...
- A Few From The Zoo - San Diego Zoo, Saturday May 2...
- Some New Edits From The Bernardo Winery Group Shoo...
- Wandering in the Desert - Anza Borrego - Sunday Ma...
- One Little Seahorse
- Bernardo Winery - SD-DSLR Monthly Group Shoot - Ma...
- Balboa Park Evening - Friday May 6th
- Lions and Tigers and Bears . . . Oh My!
- The Lily Pond at the San Diego Botanic Garden
- Backyard Birds
- Anza Borrego - Hiking in The Slot - April 30, 2011...
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.