We always have a great selection of birds in our backyard - I'm sure the large bird feeder that Heather keeps well stocked has something to do with it. Here are few, all shot this morning, starting with my favorite, the California Quail. They're great to watch as they hop their way down the hillside, or along the fence.
The doves are equally beautiful.
This time of year the hummingbirds seem particularly active.
Click here for a few more shots, and I'll be adding to that gallery as I get more.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Wandering Around Balboa Park
- Ethnic Food Fair - Balboa Park San Diego - May 29,...
- A Few From The Zoo - San Diego Zoo, Saturday May 2...
- Some New Edits From The Bernardo Winery Group Shoo...
- Wandering in the Desert - Anza Borrego - Sunday Ma...
- One Little Seahorse
- Bernardo Winery - SD-DSLR Monthly Group Shoot - Ma...
- Balboa Park Evening - Friday May 6th
- Lions and Tigers and Bears . . . Oh My!
- The Lily Pond at the San Diego Botanic Garden
- Backyard Birds
- Anza Borrego - Hiking in The Slot - April 30, 2011...
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.