Heather and I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year.
We like to visit the Hotel del Coronado this time of year to see all the decorations and lights. As we did last year, we joined a small group from our local photo club (sandiegodslr.org) for an evening of photos and dinner. Here are a few more images from that evening. The view of the setting sun from the hotel is always nice.
The hotel itself is lit with hundreds (probably more like thousands) of lights this time of year.
Long after the sun had set you could still see an orange glow in the distance over by the end of Point Loma. That tiny speck of light at the end of the point is the Point Loma Lighthouse.
The Grinch statue is one of several Dr. Seuss character sculptures on display at the hotel.
Click here to see a few more images from our trip to the Hotel del Coronado on Saturday, December 17, 2011.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Christopher and Connor (Malayan Tiger Cubs)
- Merry Christmas - Holiday Lights at the Hotel del ...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 8) - Scottsdal...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 7) - Cliff Dwe...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 6) - Bedrock C...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 5) - Grand Can...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 4) - From Zion...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 3) - Zion Nati...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 2) - Valley of...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 1) - Mojave Pr...
- A Few New Tiger Photos (and a Red Panda) - San Die...
- Lunar Eclipse in San Diego - Saturday, December 10...
- The Living Desert - Palm Desert, California
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Palm Springs Air Museum
- Palm Springs Weekend - Nov 25-27, 2011
- Thanksgiving Day at the San Diego Zoo
- ▼ December (17)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.