Photography . . . Travel . . .

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas - Holiday Lights at the Hotel del Coronado

Heather and I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year.




We like to visit the Hotel del Coronado this time of year to see all the decorations and lights. As we did last year, we joined a small group from our local photo club (sandiegodslr.org) for an evening of photos and dinner. Here are a few more images from that evening. The view of the setting sun from the hotel is always nice.




The hotel itself is lit with hundreds (probably more like thousands) of lights this time of year.




Long after the sun had set you could still see an orange glow in the distance over by the end of Point Loma. That tiny speck of light at the end of the point is the Point Loma Lighthouse.




The Grinch statue is one of several Dr. Seuss character sculptures on display at the hotel.


Click here to see a few more images from our trip to the Hotel del Coronado on Saturday, December 17, 2011.
   

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.