The Palm Springs Air Museum houses a great collection of mostly WWII-vintage aircraft, many of which still fly. One of the best parts about a visit to this museum is getting a chance to speak with some of the many volunteer docents on hand. Like the aircraft, many of them are WWII-vintage as well, and some of them flew in the same types of planes that are on display.
They have a B-17 Flying Fortress (that still flies occasionally) on display, and it was open for tours (as long as you were taller than the bomb).
Lots of great artwork on the planes as well.
Click here to see a few more images from our visit to the Palm Springs Air Museum on Saturday, November 26, 2011.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
Friday, December 9, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Christopher and Connor (Malayan Tiger Cubs)
- Merry Christmas - Holiday Lights at the Hotel del ...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 8) - Scottsdal...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 7) - Cliff Dwe...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 6) - Bedrock C...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 5) - Grand Canyon
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 4) - From Zion...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 3) - Zion Nati...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 2) - Valley of...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 1) - Mojave Pr...
- A Few New Tiger Photos (and a Red Panda) - San Die...
- Lunar Eclipse in San Diego - Saturday, December 10...
- The Living Desert - Palm Desert, California
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Palm Springs Air Museum
- Palm Springs Weekend - Nov 25-27, 2011
- Thanksgiving Day at the San Diego Zoo
- ▼ December (17)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.
Post a Comment