Photography . . . Travel . . .

Friday, December 9, 2011

Palm Springs Air Museum

The Palm Springs Air Museum houses a great collection of mostly WWII-vintage aircraft, many of which still fly. One of the best parts about a visit to this museum is getting a chance to speak with some of the many volunteer docents on hand. Like the aircraft, many of them are WWII-vintage as well, and some of them flew in the same types of planes that are on display.






They have a B-17 Flying Fortress (that still flies occasionally) on display, and it was open for tours (as long as you were taller than the bomb).






Lots of great artwork on the planes as well.




Click here to see a few more images from our visit to the Palm Springs Air Museum on Saturday, November 26, 2011.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.