The southwestern US has all sorts of roadside attractions (otherwise known to some as "tourist traps"). Some of them are better than others. Bedrock City, located about halfway between I-40 at Williams and Grand Canyon, has to be one of the most entertaining. I've heard it was built in 1972, and I'm not sure they've done much to it since. Heather and I drove up to it in 1994, but we didn't go inside then. We did this time. The Flintstones was always one of my favorites, and still is even today.
I tried to call in to the office to check my voice mails, but for some reason it didn't work.
We were the only ones there, and it didn't take us long to come to the conclusion that the light covering of snow on the ground probably helped the appearance of the place greatly. Still, it was worth the $4 each to get in just for the high entertainment factor.
After we checked out all the buildings, and went across the street to fuel up the Xterra, it was time to move on. Our next stops would be at Walnut Canyon and Montezuma's Castle National Monuments, to check out the cliff dwellings. Our final stop for the day was Scottsdale.
To be continued . . .
Click here to see more images from Bedrock City in Arizona.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Christopher and Connor (Malayan Tiger Cubs)
- Merry Christmas - Holiday Lights at the Hotel del ...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 8) - Scottsdal...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 7) - Cliff Dwe...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 6) - Bedrock C...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 5) - Grand Can...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 4) - From Zion...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 3) - Zion Nati...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 2) - Valley of...
- Road Trip ! - Southwestern US (Part 1) - Mojave Pr...
- A Few New Tiger Photos (and a Red Panda) - San Die...
- Lunar Eclipse in San Diego - Saturday, December 10...
- The Living Desert - Palm Desert, California
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Palm Springs Air Museum
- Palm Springs Weekend - Nov 25-27, 2011
- Thanksgiving Day at the San Diego Zoo
- ▼ December (17)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.