Today marks the start of the Year of the Tiger, so I thought it only too appropriate to go to the San Diego Zoo to see if I could get a few shots of the Malayan tigers. I spent about an hour at Tiger River, watching Jin and Seri chase some food, chase each other, and generally just lounge around acting like any other cat (any other cat that weighs close to 200 lbs that is).
Jin and Seri are sisters, 2 of a litter of 3, born 21 months ago at the San Diego Zoo. Their brother is now living in Florida. Click here to see some shots of the 3 of them playing together on March 21st of 2009 .
Click here to see more from today.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- San Diego Night Shots
- Steak and Neon - Fat City Steakhouse, San Diego
- San Diego Waterfront - Urban Trees and Maritime Mu...
- The Slot & Buttes Pass (Anza Borrego Desert State ...
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve
- Leo Carrillo Ranch - Carlsbad, CA - SD-DSLR Februa...
- Desert Road Trip - Day 6 - Still Taking the Long W...
- Desert Road Trip - Day 5 - Taking the Long Way Hom...
- Las Vegas - City Center
- Las Vegas - Jan 31-Feb 3
- ▼ February (12)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.