The new City Center complex in Las Vegas is now open. It's an amazing place, but then I guess it should be, since it cost $8.5 billion to build it. We checked out the new Aria Hotel (4,004 rooms), the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, and the Crystals shopping mall. The Veer Towers (the 2 residential towers, the gold colored ones in the pic below), are built so that each appears to be leaning 5 degrees off vertical, in opposing directions.
The lobby of the Mandarin Oriental is on the 23rd floor of the 47-floor tower. Here's what you see when you step off the elevator.
We had dinner at American Fish, one of the 16 restaurants in the Aria Hotel.
The whole complex is one big collection of art.
Crystals, the retail center, was huge. The fisheye lens seemed quite appropriate here.
After wandering around the City Center, I can see why MGM/Mirage says it costs $3 million a day in expenses to run the place.
Click here to see more images from the Las Vegas City Center.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (55)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- San Diego Night Shots
- Steak and Neon - Fat City Steakhouse, San Diego
- San Diego Waterfront - Urban Trees and Maritime Mu...
- The Slot & Buttes Pass (Anza Borrego Desert State ...
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve
- Leo Carrillo Ranch - Carlsbad, CA - SD-DSLR Februa...
- Desert Road Trip - Day 6 - Still Taking the Long W...
- Desert Road Trip - Day 5 - Taking the Long Way Hom...
- Las Vegas - City Center
- Las Vegas - Jan 31-Feb 3
- ▼ February (12)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.