Photography . . . Travel . . .

Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Quick Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo

The new female fishing cat, Dow, was out when I got to the San Diego Zoo this morning. She's a beautiful cat, but was sitting way up in the back behind some brush. These are heavily cropped in order to see her face.




In talking with her keeper, it sounds like Dow is still getting used to her new home.




The Malayan tiger cubs and their mother were all three sleeping in their little cave when I first got there. After a while Mek finally got up, and then a little later one of the cubs did as well. Here's Mek, something has caught her attention.




It seems like I wound up with a bunch of close-ups this time.




Here's Christopher, one of the cubs. It was pretty dark in the cave, and there was also a fair amount of glare on the glass.




Here's his brother Conner.




After a while the cubs headed out into the open to wait for some snacks.




I ran into a friend while I was watching the cubs, she commented that "they're finally growing into their paws". I would say she was right.






On the way out I made a brief stop to see Camo, the new male tapir. I caught a quick glimpse of him before he disappeared.






Click here to see a few more pictures from my few hours at the San Diego Zoo this morning.
      

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.