It was a little cool and overcast on Sunday morning, nice weather for a walk around the San Diego Zoo.
I spent a fair amount of time at the Malayan Tigers (see below for even more shots of the two cubs together). Here's Christopher, followed by his brother Conner.
The Night Herons are some of my favorite birds. They're actually not part of the Zoo's collection, but rather are local birds that just stop in for the food.
I stopped in to see another of my favorites, the Rock Hyrax. Apparently their closest living relative is the elephant.
The North Chinese Leopard was out.
Later in the day the sun came out for bit, which made for some great light on the plants at times.
I tried to get a decent shot of the Zebras, but they weren't cooperating at all, and I wasn't about to leave with nothing.
Ubon, the new male Malayan Tiger, was out later in the afternoon. It was pretty dark there, and he wasn't holding still.
Since this is the start of the Year of the Dragon it only seems right to end up here with a dragon of sorts, a Komodo Dragon.
Click here to see more images from the San Diego Zoo on Sunday, January 22, 2012.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- Calli the Cat
- San Diego Zoo's Safari Park - A Short Afternoon Wa...
- An Evening View of the San Diego Skyline from Coro...
- A Quick Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo - January 22, 2012
- Brothers - Christopher & Connor - Malayan Tiger Cu...
- Anza Borrego - Fish Creek & Sandstone Canyon - Sat...
- Year of the Dragon - Happy Lunar New Year!
- Another View of Hoover Dam
- Anza Borrego Desert State Park - Sunday 15 January...
- Leo Carrillo Ranch - Carlsbad, CA - San Diego dSLR...
- San Diego Zoo - Jan 7, 2012
- Old Town San Diego
- New Year's Day at the San Diego Zoo
- Wandering In The Desert On The Last Day Of The Yea...
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.