While I was out with my camera on Sunday I was specifically looking for something to use for a Lunar New Year post for the Year of the Dragon. I have to say that it was a whole lot easier two years ago, when it was the year of the Tiger. I don't know if it's just a San Diego thing or what, but there just aren't all that many dragons around.
I did come across a Komodo Dragon at the San Diego Zoo on Sunday. He wasn't moving much, and unlike other times I've seen him, really not looking all that dragon-like. Except maybe for his claws.
Happy New Year everyone!
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- Calli the Cat
- San Diego Zoo's Safari Park - A Short Afternoon Wa...
- An Evening View of the San Diego Skyline from Coro...
- A Quick Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo - January 22, 2012
- Brothers - Christopher & Connor - Malayan Tiger Cu...
- Anza Borrego - Fish Creek & Sandstone Canyon - Sat...
- Year of the Dragon - Happy Lunar New Year!
- Another View of Hoover Dam
- Anza Borrego Desert State Park - Sunday 15 January...
- Leo Carrillo Ranch - Carlsbad, CA - San Diego dSLR...
- San Diego Zoo - Jan 7, 2012
- Old Town San Diego
- New Year's Day at the San Diego Zoo
- Wandering In The Desert On The Last Day Of The Yea...
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.