We held the April group shoot for the San Diego DSLR Photography Group at the San Diego Botanical Garden in Encinitas this morning. It was mostly cold and windy, and rained for part of the time we were there. That was not going to stop us from having a good time though. Since it was so windy I didn't bother trying to get close-up flower pictures, and instead headed straight for the big pond with the lily pads, frogs and turtles. That turned out to be a good decision.
The water lilies (I think that's what they are) are beautiful this time of year. When you looked closely, every now and then you could spot a frog or turtle popping its head up between the leaves.
The turtles have a distinctive red stripe on the sides of their heads.
At least the cactus was fairly stable in the wind.
The chia-mariachi players are great.
There is a large stand of Pride of Madiera plants not too far from the entrance. At one point the sun peaked out from behind the clouds for bit and provided a bit of side-lighting.
Then, just as it started to rain again a hummingbird showed up. You can see the rain drops in last 3 shots.
Click here to see a few more images from the San Diego DSLR Photography Group's April group shoot at the San Diego Botanical Garden in Encinitas, California.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- Amur Leopards (San Diego Zoo)
- Malayan Tigers, a Hippo, a Peacock, and a Crocodil...
- Renaissance Faire, Escondido, CA
- A Particularly Good Day At The San Diego Zoo - Amu...
- Wandering Around Liberty Station (Former Naval Tra...
- Malayan Tigers and Red Pandas - San Diego Zoo, Sun...
- Hummingbirds, Frogs & Turtles - San Diego Botanic ...
- Easter Sunday Sunset in San Diego
- Easter Flower
- A Much Bigger Cat - Malayan Tiger at the San Diego...
- A Cat With Webbed Feet - Fishing Cat at the San Di...
- Aldo and Calli
- Fly Navy
- Portuguese Food In San Diego
- Flying Leatherneck Museum - MCAS Miramar
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.