Heather and I met up with our friends LaRee, Rae and Robert for an early dinner on Friday at Tin Fish. Afterwards we grabbed our cameras and tripods and spent a few hours wandering around the former Naval Training Center San Diego, now restored and called Liberty Station.
The rose garden at the base of the large flagpole was particularly nice.
I've always thought that the long arcades were one of the best architectural features of the old Naval Training Center.
We made a stop on our way home at the end of Harbor Island to check out the downtown San Diego skyline. We got there just as the baseball game was wrapping up, and managed to see a few fireworks peaking over the buildings in the distance.
Click here to see more images from the former Naval Training Center San Diego, now restored and housing shops, offices, restaurants and galleries.
You can also click here to see more images taken along San Diego Bay after dark.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- Amur Leopards (San Diego Zoo)
- Malayan Tigers, a Hippo, a Peacock, and a Crocodil...
- Renaissance Faire, Escondido, CA
- A Particularly Good Day At The San Diego Zoo - Amu...
- Wandering Around Liberty Station (Former Naval Tra...
- Malayan Tigers and Red Pandas - San Diego Zoo, Sun...
- Hummingbirds, Frogs & Turtles - San Diego Botanic ...
- Easter Sunday Sunset in San Diego
- Easter Flower
- A Much Bigger Cat - Malayan Tiger at the San Diego...
- A Cat With Webbed Feet - Fishing Cat at the San Di...
- Aldo and Calli
- Fly Navy
- Portuguese Food In San Diego
- Flying Leatherneck Museum - MCAS Miramar
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.