Photography . . . Travel . . .
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Esmeralda - Chilean Navy Tall Ship in San Diego
The Chilean Navy's tall ship Esmeralda was in San Diego for a few days this week. On Friday night after dinner Heather and I took a short walk along the waterfront so that we could take a look at what is said to be the second tallest and longest sailing ship in the world. We were too late to go on board for a tour, and all I had was a compact camera for a quick handheld shot, but at least we did get a look at it. It was tied up at the Cruise Ship Terminal, and the gate to the wharf was closed, so this was about as close as we were going to get.
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (81)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- (Mostly) Reptiles at the San Diego Zoo
- Esmeralda - Chilean Navy Tall Ship in San Diego
- Tigers at the San Diego Zoo
- Liberty Station / Former Naval Training Center San...
- Cabrillo Monument / Point Loma Lighthouse - SD-DSL...
- Former Naval Training Center San Diego
- Maneki Neko - Japanese Beckoning Cats at the Minge...
- Malayan Tiger Cubs - San Diego Zoo
- Saturday Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Photos at the Coronado Ferry Landing
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.