I made a quick trip to the San Diego Zoo on Saturday morning, mostly just to check out the tigers. When I got to Tiger River at 11:00AM the 2 cubs, Christopher and Conner, were napping at the top of the enclosure, pretty much out of sight. Mom tiger Mek must have been checking her watch, because she showed up a few minutes early at the spot where the keeper generally tosses food during the 11:30AM "Keeper Talk". Here she is watching for a chunk of beef heart that is about to be tossed her way.
The boys stayed up at the top of the hill. After finishing her snack Mom went up to have a chat with one of her sons. I'm not sure what they were discussing, but the little guy seems to have that "yeah, Mom . . . whatever" look on his face.
Shortly after that Mek and the boys went in, and Danai, the other adult female tiger, came out into the enclosure.
I only got a few shots this time, not enough to warrant a separate gallery, so no link to more pictures this time.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- (Mostly) Reptiles at the San Diego Zoo
- Esmeralda - Chilean Navy Tall Ship in San Diego
- Tigers at the San Diego Zoo
- Liberty Station / Former Naval Training Center San...
- Cabrillo Monument / Point Loma Lighthouse - SD-DSL...
- Former Naval Training Center San Diego
- Maneki Neko - Japanese Beckoning Cats at the Minge...
- Malayan Tiger Cubs - San Diego Zoo
- Saturday Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Photos at the Coronado Ferry Landing
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.