The former Naval Training Center in San Diego, now known as Liberty Station, is one of the nicest examples I've seen of adaptive re-use in San Diego. The old buildings have been restored, but keeping the exterior architectural details, and are now used as retail, restaurant, office and gallery space. I took a short walk with my camera and tripod around some of the buildings just after sunset on Wednesday night.
Click here to see more images from the former Naval Training Center San Diego.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- (Mostly) Reptiles at the San Diego Zoo
- Esmeralda - Chilean Navy Tall Ship in San Diego
- Tigers at the San Diego Zoo
- Liberty Station / Former Naval Training Center San...
- Cabrillo Monument / Point Loma Lighthouse - SD-DSL...
- Former Naval Training Center San Diego
- Maneki Neko - Japanese Beckoning Cats at the Minge...
- Malayan Tiger Cubs - San Diego Zoo
- Saturday Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Photos at the Coronado Ferry Landing
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.