It seems like this is the weekend of the cats. First the tigers at the San Diego Zoo (see the previous two posts), and today the exhibit of Japanese beckoning cats (maneki neko) at the Mingei International Museum in Balboa Park. I guess to round it all out I should probably get some pictures of Aldo and Calli before the long holiday weekend is over. For now, though, here are a few images of the huge collection of beckoning cats that is on temporary display. If you are anywhere near San Diego this one is worth the time and effort.
Many of these were behind glass, which made for some interesting reflections at times.
Click here to see a few more images from the collection of Japanese beckoning cats at the Mingei Museum.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (72)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- (Mostly) Reptiles at the San Diego Zoo
- Esmeralda - Chilean Navy Tall Ship in San Diego
- Tigers at the San Diego Zoo
- Liberty Station / Former Naval Training Center San...
- Cabrillo Monument / Point Loma Lighthouse - SD-DSL...
- Former Naval Training Center San Diego
- Maneki Neko - Japanese Beckoning Cats at the Minge...
- Malayan Tiger Cubs - San Diego Zoo
- Saturday Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Photos at the Coronado Ferry Landing
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.