A group of us from the San Diego DSLR Photo Group got together on Thursday night for some evening photos. Some of us got there early and had a light dinner beforehand at Il Fornaio. With all the cameras we had you might think that at least one of us got a shot of our food . . . but no, we didn't. We did get some nice shots of the downtown San Diego skyline across San Diego Bay, and later in the evening, a few shots of the Sea World fireworks off in the distance.
Here's the aircraft carrier USS MIdway (now a museum) sitting across the Bay.
At 9:50PM most summer evenings Sea World has a little fireworks display to signal the end of their day. We were several miles away, but I came prepared with a long lens for just this reason.
Click here to see more images from my evening photography outing to the Ferry Landing in Coronado, California.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (64)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- (Mostly) Reptiles at the San Diego Zoo
- Esmeralda - Chilean Navy Tall Ship in San Diego
- Tigers at the San Diego Zoo
- Liberty Station / Former Naval Training Center San...
- Cabrillo Monument / Point Loma Lighthouse - SD-DSL...
- Former Naval Training Center San Diego
- Maneki Neko - Japanese Beckoning Cats at the Minge...
- Malayan Tiger Cubs - San Diego Zoo
- Saturday Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Photos at the Coronado Ferry Landing
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.