Recently I set up a series of evening photography outings for our local photo club. The first night someone used the phrase "dinner and some clicks" and it stuck. The most recent two have been Old Town and Little Italy. These have turned out to be quite popular, and I plan to continue this throughout the year.
On August 9th a group of us got together for dinner at the Cosmopolitan Hotel, in San Diego's Old Town State Park, and afterwards walked around for a couple of hours shooting pictures.
Our most recent evening out was to Little Italy on Aug 23rd. For that one we tried something a little different. For all of our earlier evening shoots we had used tripods and long exposures. For this one we shot handheld, going for more of a nighttime street photography look. The dinner was nothing special, but the company was great. We spent a few hours just wandering around taking pictures, and ended up at my favorite gelato place in San Diego - Pappalecco, on the corner of State and Cedar.
I found this in one of the store windows.
And I found this parked on Cedar Street.
Click here to see more images from Tuesday, Aug 23, 2011 in Little Italy.
Click here to see more images from Tuesday, Aug 9, 2011 in Old Town.
Click here to go to the San Diego dSLR club website.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (81)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- San Diego Zoo - Tiger Cubs and One Cool Looking Bi...
- Mother and Child Bonding - at the San Diego Zoo
- Dinner and Some Clicks - Evening Rambles with San ...
- More Malayan Tigers (and a Mandrill)
- Friday Late Afternoon Walk Around the Zoo
- Malayan Tiger Cubs at the San Diego Zoo
- A Lot Can Happen In 20 Seconds
- A Few More From Sunday at the San Diego Zoo
- Sunday at the San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Waterfront & Maritime Museum - SD-dSLR M...
- A Few More Tiger Pictures From Saturday Morning
- Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo - Tigers and...
- Chihuly Bridge of Glass - An Evening Stroll in Tac...
- ▼ August (13)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.