We had one of the largest turnouts I think I've seen yet for our monthly Group Shoot on Saturday. We met in front of the Star of India, on the Embarcadero, San Diego's scenic waterfront area. I think there were over 30 of us.
I spent most of the morning in or around the Maritime Museum, while others wandered up and down the waterfront. These first 2 images are from the Star of India sailing ship. The sky was a dull overcast, quite boring, so we tried to find things to shoot that didn't include a lot of sky.
A few of us went on board the Russian submarine. Its periscope was pointed right at the USS Carl Vinson, which was moored just across the Bay.
We all met for lunch at the Elephant and Castle Pub across the street from the Maritime Museum. It's my new favorite place for fish & chips in San Diego.
Click here to see more images from our monthly Group Shoot held on Saturday, August 13, 2011.
Click here to go to the club website to see what the other folks did.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- San Diego Zoo - Tiger Cubs and One Cool Looking Bi...
- Mother and Child Bonding - at the San Diego Zoo
- Dinner and Some Clicks - Evening Rambles with San ...
- More Malayan Tigers (and a Mandrill)
- Friday Late Afternoon Walk Around the Zoo
- Malayan Tiger Cubs at the San Diego Zoo
- A Lot Can Happen In 20 Seconds
- A Few More From Sunday at the San Diego Zoo
- Sunday at the San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Waterfront & Maritime Museum - SD-dSLR M...
- A Few More Tiger Pictures From Saturday Morning
- Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo - Tigers and...
- Chihuly Bridge of Glass - An Evening Stroll in Tac...
- ▼ August (13)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.